More about Post Office Road
Discover the Hidden Gems of Post Office Road in Nainital, India
If you're looking for an off-the-beaten-path destination in India, Post Office Road in Nainital is the perfect place to explore. Tucked away in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand, this charming street is lined with quaint shops, cozy cafes, and beautiful colonial-era buildings.
One of the most interesting things about Post Office Road is its name. As you might have guessed, there is a post office located on this street. But did you know that it's one of the oldest post offices in India? Established in 1887, it still operates today and is a popular spot for tourists to take photos.
But there's more to Post Office Road than just the post office. As you wander down the street, you'll discover a variety of unique shops selling everything from handmade jewelry to traditional Indian sweets. Stop by the Nainital Book Depot to browse their impressive collection of books on Indian history and culture.
Top Reasons to Visit Post Office Road on Your Next Trip
Post Office Road is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Nainital. Here are just a few reasons why:
1. History: As mentioned earlier, Post Office Road is home to one of the oldest post offices in India. But that's not all – the street is also dotted with historic buildings that give you a glimpse into the region's colonial past.
2. Shopping: If you're looking for unique souvenirs to take home, Post Office Road is the perfect place to shop. From handmade crafts to traditional Indian clothing, you'll find something for everyone here.
3. Food: Nainital is known for its delicious food, and Post Office Road is no exception. Stop by one of the street's many cafes to sample local delicacies like kumaoni raita and bhatt ki churkani.
How to Get to Post Office Road: Your Ultimate Guide
Getting to Post Office Road is easy, no matter where you're coming from. If you're flying into India, you can take a domestic flight to Pantnagar Airport, which is located about 65 kilometers from Nainital. From there, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to the city.
If you're already in India, you can take a train to Kathgodam, which is the nearest railway station to Nainital. From there, you can take a taxi or bus to Post Office Road.
Once you're in Nainital, getting to Post Office Road is easy. The street is located in the heart of the city, and you can easily walk there from most hotels.
Fun Things to Do on Post Office Road: Explore the Best of Nainital
There's no shortage of things to do on Post Office Road. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Visit the post office: As mentioned earlier, the post office on Post Office Road is one of the oldest in India. It's a great spot for taking photos and learning about the history of the region.
2. Shop for souvenirs: Post Office Road is home to a variety of unique shops selling everything from handmade jewelry to traditional Indian sweets. It's the perfect place to pick up souvenirs for friends and family back home.
3. Try the local food: Nainital is known for its delicious food, and Post Office Road is no exception. Stop by one of the street's many cafes to sample local delicacies like kumaoni raita and bhatt ki churkani.
4. Explore the colonial-era buildings: Post Office Road is lined with beautiful colonial-era buildings that give you a glimpse into the region's past. Take a walk down the street and admire the architecture.
Why Book Your Post Office Road Hotel with Agoda.com?
If you're planning a trip to Post Office Road, booking your hotel with Agoda.com is the best way to ensure a hassle-free experience. Here are just a few reasons why:
1. Easy booking: With Agoda.com, you can easily search for and book hotels in Nainital. Our user-friendly website makes it easy to find the perfect accommodation for your needs.
2. Best prices: We offer some of the best prices on hotels in Nainital, so you can save money on your trip.
3. Wide selection: Whether you're looking for a budget-friendly hostel or a luxury hotel, we have a wide selection of accommodation options to choose from.
4. Trusted reviews: Our reviews are written by real travelers, so you can trust that you're getting honest feedback about the hotels you're considering.
The Best Time to Visit Post Office Road: Plan Your Trip Now
The best time to visit Post Office Road is between March and June, when the weather is pleasant and the skies are clear. This is also the peak tourist season, so be sure to book your hotel well in advance.
If you're looking for a quieter experience, consider visiting Post Office Road in the off-season. July to September is the monsoon season, so you can expect rain and cooler temperatures. October to February is the winter season, and while it can get chilly, it's a great time to explore the region's natural beauty.
Traveler Tips: What You Need to Know Before Visiting Post Office Road
Before you visit Post Office Road, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Carry cash: Many of the shops on Post Office Road do not accept credit cards, so be sure to carry cash with you.
2. Dress appropriately: Nainital is a conservative city, so it's important to dress appropriately. Avoid wearing revealing clothing or shorts, and cover your shoulders when visiting temples or other religious sites.
3. Be prepared for the weather: The weather in Nainital can be unpredictable, so be sure to pack for all eventualities. Bring a light jacket or sweater, even in the summer months.
Where to Stay on Post Office Road: Find Your Perfect Accommodation
There are a variety of hotels and guesthouses located on or near Post Office Road. Here are a few options to consider:
1. Flagship View Point Resort: This budget-friendly hotel is located just a short walk from Post Office Road. It offers comfortable rooms and stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
2. Snow View Huts: This charming guesthouse is located on a quiet street just a few minutes' walk from Post Office Road. It offers cozy rooms and a peaceful atmosphere.
3. OYO Flagship 82925 Snow View Huts: This affordable hotel is located just a few minutes' walk from Post Office Road. It offers clean, comfortable rooms and a convenient location.
4. View Point Resort and Restaurant: This mid-range hotel is located on a hill overlooking Nainital. It offers spacious rooms and stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
What to Eat on Post Office Road: Savor the Flavors of Nainital
Nainital is known for its delicious food, and Post Office Road is no exception. Here are a few dishes to try:
1. Kumaoni raita: This yogurt-based dish is flavored with local spices and served with rice or flatbread.
2. Bhatt ki churkani: This hearty dish is made with black beans and a variety of spices. It's typically served with rice or flatbread.
3. Bal mithai: This sweet treat is made with condensed milk and coated in chocolate. It's a popular dessert in Nainital and can be found at many of the sweet shops on Post Office Road.